About the Role
Program Development and Management:
• Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive range of programs, projects, initiatives, events, etc. aligned with the organization's mission and goals.
• Design program strategies that address community needs, ensuring relevance and effectiveness.
• Collaborate with internal team members to create and enhance program materials, ensuring consistency with organizational messaging.
• Serve as the program manager for core programs for the organization.
• Maintain and build relationships geared towards fulfilling the organization’s mission and program goals with community stakeholders, public and private organizations.
Event Planning and Execution:
• Plan and execute events, workshops, and seminars that align with the organization’s annual work plan.
• Coordinate logistics, secure venues, and manage budgets for successful event implementation.
• Foster partnerships with external organizations to enhance program reach and impact.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including elected officials, partner organizations, and program participants.
• Implement outreach strategies to increase program awareness and participation.
• Act as a liaison between the organization and key stakeholders, addressing concerns and fostering positive relationships.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
• Collect and analyze data to evaluate program effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
• Prepare regular reports for internal and external stakeholders, showcasing program impact and outcomes.
• Develop project plans, dashboards, reports, etc. for the President and CEO, the board of directors and funders on the status of projects, new programs, etc.
• Develop and manage program budgets, ensuring resources are allocated efficiently.
• Monitor expenditures and provide financial reports as needed.
• Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with the principles and practices of racial equity, lived or professional experience working with and engaging Black Women, communities of color is preferred.
• Experience in the nonprofit, public, or community development sector, with experience in economic development, social services and economic policy, women’s empowerment preferred.
• Strong relationship building and community engagement and event management expertise.
• Strong project management skills.
• Superior oral and written communication abilities.
• Ability to develop and implement a multi-year strategic plan, in partnership with board of directors and staff, including pilot programming, success measurement and evaluation, and best practice sharing.
• Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
• Experience with design software to produce educational and marketing communications materials for diverse audiences.
• Ability to travel and attend in person events.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., social work, community development, public administration) or at least 6-10 years similar work experience.
• Proven experience in program management, community organizing, or a related field.
• Experience with analysis, experience, and judgment to make effective decisions.
• Flexibility and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of community resources and issues affecting the target population.
• Willingness to take on tasks big and small associated with full scale implementation as well as daily operations.
• Interpersonal skills to work in a high-profile and fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to manage and coordinate an entire spectrum of program activities from planning to pilot, roll-out and evaluation.
• Ability to use various computer systems and applications, such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
Salary & Benefits
• $50-60K annually based on experience
• In Person/Virtual Hybrid Work Model
• Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
• 403b Retirement Plan
• Professional Development Stipend
• Unlimited PTO
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join our organization as a Programs Manager and Organizer. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, skilled organizer, and effective communicator who is passionate about driving impactful programs and initiatives. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer/Senior Vice President, the Programs Manager and Organizer will be responsible for tracking and management of all projects and initiatives for the CA Black Women’s Collective Empowerment Institute. They will be responsible for managing multiple activities, events, projects, and programs with a high level of effectiveness and efficiency. The following is a list of minimum requirements. Additional specific duties and requirements may be added.
About the Company
The California Black Women’s Collective Empowerment Institute (CABWCEI), a 501C3 non-profit organization, focuses on improving the lives of Black Women and Girls throughout the state. Through partnerships with corporate, social, not for profit, public, and advocacy entities, the Empowerment Institute develops programs and initiatives that have a meaningful impact on dismantling systemic social, economic, and physical barriers.